The current development of information technologies entails significant advantages for economic development, data exchange (including personal data), improvement in the quality of life, as well as in administrative, social and cultural activities. However, the improper use of such technologies may cause important financial losses, serious risks for human safety and may also threaten privacy and adversely affect informative self-determination rights.
We have a data protection and privacy information practice in response to the necessity of protection of the information of our clients, as well as to protect their personal data, which is a fundamental right of individuals and a company’s constitutional obligation to protect it.
We are in a position to provide you with updated and high quality legal advice in this field on a timely basis.
The following list is a sample of our legal services in the privacy and data protection area:
- Advice and guidance on properly complying with personal data protection statutes
- Management of the company’s information.
- Drafting and implementation of Privacy Policies
- Drafting and implementation of Privacy Notices, as required by law
- Preparation of information flow charts to correctly furnish Privacy Notices to employees, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Advice and guidance on the way in which applications with respect to ARCO rights should be handled and answered. (ARCO stands for access, rectification, cancellation and opposition)
- Data protection litigation filed with administrative and judicial authorities
- Advice and guidance on drafting and implementing codes of conduct and good practices, including policies for checking employees’ e-mails and other internal communications
- Recommendations for blocking and deleting personal data
- Advice on national and international transfers of data